“Why can’t I make friends? I feel like no one likes me, and I’ve realized that as an adult, it’s way harder than it was back in school.” – Kim
Feeling lonely or realizing that you don’t have friends can be upsetting. It can drain your self-esteem and confidence, which makes it even harder to feel motivated to socialize.
There are so many different reasons that you might not have friends, but the good news is that there is always something you can work on to help find the friends you want.
This quiz can help you to diagnose why you don’t have the friendship circle that you would like. Once you understand what the problem is, I will also offer suggestions for how you can start to work through your difficulties.
Finding new friends is rarely easy but spending the time to learn new social skills and build relationships will pay off in the long run.
These are common reasons for having no friends:
- Being an introvert
- Suffering from social anxiety or shyness
- Experiencing depression
- Having Aspergers
- Being socially inexperienced
- Not having social interests
- Recently having moved, split up with a partner, or changed job
- Not having time to socialize
This is a complex issue, and that why we’ve created a quiz. In addition to this quiz, see our main guide here: I have no friends.
- Part 1: Thought patterns that can keep you from making friends
- Part 2: Underlying reasons for having no friends
- Part 3: Life situations that make it hard to make friends
- Part 4: Common mistakes that make it hard to make friends
- Part 5: having friends that don’t feel like real friends